Thursday, March 20, 2008

i never thougth this day would come

Today, South Park actually, finally grossed me out. I have seen some fucked up stuff on that show and I have always found it all to be funny. But today, a day that will live in my memory forever, it actually made me feel sick to my stomach, mildly depressed, and unable to finish watching.

What was so gross? Britney Spears blows off the top of her head with a shotgun, lives, and goes through the rest of the episode with nothing but a bottom jaw and a bloody cavity on top of her neck. When she talks (and sings) her exposed tongue flaps around a little. And the talking is obviously nothing more than gurgles.

I get it. I get that it is supposed to be a satire on her state of affairs: no matter how fucked up she gets, the media will still hound her, the public will still devour images of her destruction for their own entertainment, and the music industry will still exploit her "popularity" until she's no longer profitable. But fuck. That was just gross. Really, really gross. Like... super uber disgustingly gross.

Blech.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

That is gross. I miss South Park. I don't get to see it much anymore. Besides, it isn't any fun watching it without my nerds.

4:29 PM  
Blogger south carolina boy said...

i have seen bits and pieces of south park and it has always managed to gross me out with my little experience with it.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home