Sunday, April 23, 2006

sunburnt

What a gorgeous day! I was sitting outside my favorite coffeeshop, cooking in the full sun under the vibrantly blue sky, when my friend Leo of all people came strolling by. I was looking down at the transcript I'm working on for birdlady when Leo walked by -- I noticed her jeans and thought sort of absently that she must be a lesbian but I didn't look up to check. Next thing I know, she's standing over my shoulder saying "aren't you even gonna check me out when I walk by??" Funny Leo. I told her I checked out her shins and decided she was a lesbian, but couldn't articulate why. Good thing she is.

Anyway, Leo sat with me for an hour and caught me up on all her relationship troubles. Meanwhile, we both turned pink in the sun and Leo eventually decided to rescue me from melanoma and take me to her house which was only a few blocks away. She just moved into this super sweet house which she shares with some hot chicks and she wanted me to see the yard which she is especially excited about b/c she's a landscaper. Next thing you know we're at a taqueria eating tacos and salty guac and I'm on a soapbox about how tort law in this country gets a bad rap and Leo's eyes were glazing over and suddenly Leo's gone and I'm sitting at a coffeeshop working on my project for birdlady like Leo never even came around.

What a whirlwind. And all I have left to show for it are my lobster red arms. They itch...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home