Tuesday, April 25, 2006

the unromantic unmasking...

... of my blog moniker:

For anyone who isn't fortunate enough to have studied law, let me demystify the name I chose for myself when I set this blog up. It's a play on a common negligence concept -- the reasonably prudent person. The reasonably prudent person isn't the *most* prudent, or the *least* prudent, but is, like a good bowl of porridge, "just right." To determine whether a person behaved negligently, you compare their behavior to that of a reasonably prudent person in the same or similar circumstances. If, for instance, the reasonably prudent person would have known better than to leave the loaded gun on the dining room table within reach of the five year old, then, if that's what *you* did, you'll probably be found to have been negligent, whether *you* personally actually knew better or not.

It's totally unromantic, I know. And it holds no secret meaning or double entendre. I don't think. It's just one of those things you hear over and over until you finally take it and make something else out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home