Saturday, May 06, 2006

jet lag

Nine-thirty am -- SK is sleeping on the other side of the river. I am home, in my apartment which is dark, the clouds having moved back in last night after two especially warm, sunny days. SK is jet lagged and I am lagging a little myself. I am reality-lagged or something. I am catching up to myself.

Yesterday, gorgeous day, we drove up to the Salmon river and took a long walk. Had a nice, long chat on a mossy log. Ate salad and sesame candy and walked back to the car, went home. SK cooked chicken sausages and we watched a movie about an aboriginal tracker. Then we went to bed. It was a good day.

Now I'm home while SK sleeps much longer than I could sleep -- sleeps off her jet lag. My first Saturday in a million years not working day shift at my job. I will eat my granola and yogurt, then cycle up to my coffeeshop to study. I still have an exam to take, I can't forget about it. I feel, already, done with school, done with everything awful. I feel, already, free. But that feeling is premature.

And anyway, summer is postponed. Yesterday, summer seemed upon us, but today the clouds are here. Tomorrow, the rain. And it will be much cooler and I see now how I've gotten ahead of myself. So I will slow down a little and remember where I am and I will try to be here fully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home