Sunday, June 25, 2006

lackluster

Sorry for my lackluster performance these days -- so much has been happening and I've had so much on my mind, I've found I'm unable to sit still long enough for something thoughtful and interesting to bubble to the surface to write about. I just spent the most incredible two days with SK, but what can I say about that that won't be too personal or too boring for anyone other than me and SK? And just now, I spent three awesome hours with my friend Leo, who I really love and whom I've known for a million years, but what can I say about that?

I guess I can say a lot about that. I went to her house at 8am, which meant I had to painfully drag myself out of SK's bed at 7:45am even though she playfully begged me to stay. I got to Leo's a little late and was greeted by Ember, the super hot housemate Leo wants to sleep with. Leo made us extra-strong coffee in a french press and we sat out back in her shady yard and ate white peaches and talked about stuff. Leo's girlfriend is in Japan for two months for school and Leo is, as always, conflicted about everything and very, very horny. I hate the word horny, but what's a better word? I love Leo and she may read this and pull a Waspy and fire off a mildly miffed message demanding to know what I meant when I said she was "conflicted about everything." Oh well.

So we ate our peaches and drank our coffee and talked about Leo's girlfriend and Leo's crush on Ember (even though Ember was somewhere lurking in the house behind us) and we also talked about me and SK and how well things are going and blah blah blah. Leo's getting her Master of Library Science right now and we commiserated about the trials and tribulations of becoming a professional and how scary and unappealing it is, even though we both agree we don't want to remain destitute children forever. Then we walked to the park where we laid in the grass and watched kids play and kept up the same line of conversation.

I love Leo. She was supposed to work at 11, but I didn't end up leaving her house until 11:20, and even then she kept calling me back to the porch, back to the porch to ask a new question or bring up a new topic because she didn't really want me to leave, she didn't really want to go to work, but I did leave and she will go to work and the day will roll on like so. It's going to be 100 degrees today and I'm beside myself with happiness. I am also, right now, beside myself with anxiety because I can't track SK down on the phone and I really want to know what we're doing for the rest of the day...

SK is the greatest. The really, really greatest. And I'll stop gushing so it doesn't get tedious. But really, she's great. That's all. Now I'm gonna go lay in the park and pretend I'm in the South enjoying what, down there, would be a really comfortable day. (Not because it's usually hotter than 100 degrees down there, but because the humidity down there is so stifling, even 100 degrees feels comfortable when the air is dry and there's an occasional breeze...) Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home