Friday, July 14, 2006

stranded in snobville

I am sitting outside a very snobby cafe in NW Portland and, you know, I wasn't going to say anything about it, I was just gonna let it slide, until a woman walked by with a whippet and, well, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Whippets, those tiny, toy cousins of the greyhound, are like the gold-tennis bracelets of pets. Delicate, classy, purely ornamental and expensive. Gag me. If Paris Hilton wasn't so trashy, she'd be dragging around a whippet instead of a chihuahua, which has so much class it gets to be the spokesdog for taco bell chalupas. Whatever.

I don't know what else to say except: why am I here?? My car's in the shop and I'm at the mercy of public transportation this weekend. I've made SK's apartment my homebase, everything I own is neatly stacked in ber bedroom floor. She's working on some freelance stuff for an hour this morning and I've walked down for a coffee and some wi-fi, and it's like I walked into the twilight zone. I do not belong with these upscale yuppies. They make my skin crawl. It doesn't help that I drew stars all over my left hand with black ink pen yesterday at work and I look a little like a carnie today. Oh, and, I'm not wearing a bra. I don't think they like that either. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, they probably love you. Your braless, star-spangled presence is making the neighborhood seem "funky" and "diverse," so now they can pat themselves on the back for being daring and openminded. That's the way it works in Austin, anyway.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home