Sunday, August 13, 2006

almost too sweet

I lifted this completely from a blog called 33, written half in English, half in Spanish that I found while surfing expat sites. It is sweet, but almost too sweet, and I wonder how authentic it is. I will imagine it is completely authentic, because it makes me happy, and I will not let myself think that some stupid person made it up just to circulate it around the internet. Here it is:

A group of professionals posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds: What does love mean?

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
Billy, age 4 (who will grow up to be either a poet or a therapist, and is already a sage)

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
Rebecca, age 8

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
Karl, age 5

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."
Bobby, age 7

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
Danny, age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more."
Emily, age 8

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
Terri, age 4

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
Noelle, age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."
Tommy, age 6

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."
Karen, age 7

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hi Dawn!

I'm liking the blog; I'll be back.
I'm glad you found Pato (33) and yes she's 100% authentic - a Spanish woman who's lived in New York for 17, 18 year, something like that, since she went there at 18 or so. She's been away for most of the summer; I'm hoping she's coming back (hint hint, Pato, if the link leads you over here:))

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home