Wednesday, September 20, 2006

two more hours to go

Ten o'clock. I am sitting at the computer in the drop-in-center at work and the boys I work with (my ex-pretend-boyfriend Fat Tony and On-Caller #1) are playing chess at one of the big tables. As far as clients go, one guy's pacing around, one guy's watching the riveting chess tournament and two are sleeping on couches. I have to stay here until midnight.

Working until midnight four nights a week and going to school at the same time means two things: 1.) I don't get enough sleep and 2.) I don't get to see SK enough. She's got a friend in from London this week, so I'll be seeing her even less. School will be over in three months, but then I'll have to start studying for the bar. That won't be over until the end of February. But after that, SK's going to be heading off to London for a little while and I'm going, perhaps, to Spain.

London, Spain... that's all fine and good, but I'd like to be beginning some imaginings of settling down somewhere with SK. We're both a little flummoxed by our personal geographies these days. Neither of us are sure where we want to end up or when we want to get there. All I know is this: I want to be spending more nights sleeping next to SK, with the goal of achieving "all nights" status in the not too distant future.

Where will this magical domesticity take place? The US? The UK? Spain? Australia? Canada? I don't know. However, I do know that I have been taking this relationship more slowly and seriously than any other relationship I've had (and oh there have been many) and this dip into domesticity will definitely be on solid ground when it comes... just not sure what continent that ground will be in.

1 Comments:

Blogger stumptown dreamer said...

Baby
please
please baby no... [grin]

yes
missing you too

horrible visit from friend!!
i wish you were with us;-)))
s

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home