Thursday, November 16, 2006

i say it's my birthday

Hey blogfriends, it's my birthday! I've got an unsteady relationship with getting and wanting attention for things like birthdays, but I'm working on finding a balance and this year my approach is to ask for some attention that I would otherwise try to avoid. To that end, I would like to ask you, my readership, for a present.

Please can I have a present, please, please, please???

Yay! Thanks. All I want is for you to post me a birthday comment saying as much or as little as you like. I check my sitemeter obsessively (like... I could probably benefit from medication for my sitemeter obsession) and I spend a lot of time wondering how people found me, what they like about the site, why the come back, etc. I like writing what I write, and I like knowing that people are reading, but I notice sometimes that I long for something that feels more like a conversation. Sometimes I feel lonely.

So, if you don't mind, I'd love to hear from you. If you don't want to post a public comment, feel free to email me at the address provided. And thanks for reading my blog, that's the best present of all. :-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great birthday, and take it easy! No stress about finals, writing, work, relationships -- pamper yourself!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I think that comments are a great gift to ask for. I too have an uneasy relationship with birthday expectations (i.e. am I allowed to have any?), so I feel your pain.

I think I found your blog because you commented once on my blog (awesome way to start a conversation). I keep coming back because I love your writing and you're a great story-teller. Also, you have this wonderful ability to appreciate a person or situation while simultaneously pointing out hilarious foibles. In this age of bitchiness for bitchiness' sake, I think that's a rare gift.

9:28 AM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

thanks for the birthday wishes so far, ladies! :-)

and thanks, roro, for what you say -- bitchiness for bitchiness sake can surely be funny, but i always feel yucky when i put it out there and i'm glad somebody appreciates that i'm careful about how i spread my own bitchiness. which, if you knew me, you'd know was a complicated thing b/c i can be quite a colossal asshole.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha - see, this is the thing. I'm a complete jerk in real life, but on my blog, I have a policy of never writing anything I wouldn't be happy to say to someone's face. It's been a challenge, but I like to think it's made me a slightly nicer and more compassionate person. SLIGHTLY.

1:34 PM  
Blogger greymatters said...

Happy (belated) Birthday. Celebrate it all year, ya hear!

Hell, celebrate the bitchiness all year.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Dharma said...

Happy Birthday! You are me and I am you. Really. What you wrote? It's so me. I agree with Roro about the bitchiness - some people can do it just for the sake of it and it works. The rest of the crowd just tries too hard.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home