Sunday, January 07, 2007

oh to be the bigger person

Funny what happens when you finally find yourself in the minority in Congress. The Republicans have given a couple of their junior members the job of proposing a "minority bill of rights" to guarantee fairness and bipartisan politics for themselves as the minority party. Hmm. Funny. Turns out it's exactly the same minority bill of rights that Pelosi floated in 2004 when the Democrats were in the minority. And did the Republicans adopt it? Uh, no. No they didn't. And do they want it now that *they're* in the minority? Uh, yes. Of course they do. When asked whether they felt they were being a tad hypocritical, they said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Dude, I just got elected, you can't blame me for whatever happened before I got here." Sure thing, chump. As much as I want the Dems to rise up and be the better people here, I want them to rub the faces of the Republicans in their bullshit hypocrisy a little longer before they do the right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home