Tuesday, January 16, 2007

true glee

Remember yesterday, when I said I was gleefull about the radio, then I said, you know, that glee was kind of a stretch? Well, that pretend glee was just a run-up to the *real* glee I felt this morning when I woke up and through my sleepy, bleary eyes, saw that it was SNOWING outside! I jumped out of bed, clapped my hands and ran across the room to the window, squealing "It's snowing! It's snowing! Just like I was a kid again.

I love snow. And it hardly ever snows here so this is a real treat as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately, I had to go to a mandatory work training today, but I almost didn't mind because it meant I got to go clean two inches of snow off my car, two whole inches!! And then I got to drive in it! I love to drive in snow. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Otherwise the training was boring and I felt restless stuck in that stark room listening to a terrible presenter while the snow kept falling in dense drifts just outside. I could only see it through a narrow strip of glass on the far wall and I felt bad every time I looked over towards it because the girl across the aisle thought I was looking at her and every time I would look at the snow, she would look just for an instant at me, and it was awkward.

Among other things, I learned that it is sexual harrassment to give someone a shoulder rub at work, EVEN IF THEY REQUEST IT. Asked to explain why, one of the presenters could only explain that "it's a slippery slope." Not necessarilly. Only if you use massage oil. Ha ha. Anyway, I also learned that it is against our company policy to talk about or post information about or images relating to: race, religion or politics that others might find offensive. Including a "Jesus Saves" screen saver. Jesus might save your soul, but he can't be trying to save your screen at work. One woman specifically seemed pretty upset about the Jesus thing, but everybody else focused so heavilly on the massage thing that you'd think all we did all day was go around rubbing each other. And, as far as I can tell, that's not the case.

By far, the biggest highlight of the snow (besides the awesome and all consuming glory of that magical, glistening white blanket out there) is that my DENTIST'S APPOINTMENT IS CANCELLED!! Yay!!! I was supposed to get a few more fillings today at one o'clock but the dentist's office has closed because the roads are too trecherous. That means I get to eat solid food for two more days! Yay! Then we'll try it all again on Thursday. Oh well.

Now I'm gonna go play in the snow! I mean, no I'm gonna go walk in the snow up to the coffeeshop where I will diligently study for several hours, even though this was supposed to be my day off from studying. No dentist's appointment means no day off from studying. Oh well. But first, I'ma make a little snowman to stand at the top of my stairs! Yay!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We only got freezing rain, but that was amazing enough. I had to chip an inch of ice off my car to run errands today. I wouldn't want to do that all the time, but just the once was really fun.

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home