Tuesday, January 09, 2007

study-fever

Because I'm locked in my house with nothing but a stack of barstudy materials and some food and water (and, this gorgeous computer), I have little ability to amuse myself. Lucky for me, the bar prep books are filled with entertainment, ranging from the silly to the completely disturbing.

Examples: the Administrative Law portion of the workbook includes little songs to help remember things, like this one (sung to the tune of "That's Amore!"): "When agency fools act beyond statutory rules, that's ULTRA VIRES! ULTRA VIRES!" Or this one, to the tune of "Celebrate!": "Delegate! Delegate! Dance to that music!" (Because, you see, the legislature has to delegate, and the agency has to dance to the... oh nevermind.)

And then there's this creepy gem, used to illustrate that 'impossibility' is no defense to conspiracy, from the Criminal Law Outline: "A and B agree to rape a woman whom they believe is asleep. In fact, she is dead. A and B may be convicted of conspiracy to rape."

What. The. Fuck.

Was that the only example anyone could scrape up for this situation? My mind still reels with the over-all fucked-up-edness of this scenerio. And, of course, I wanted to share it with others. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home