Thursday, April 12, 2007

and that's that

SK's finally on a plane and I am finally sitting in my house alone. I'm not *completely* alone, though. She's with me in essence. For example, my fridge is filled to bursting with all her condiments (or "con-dee-mints" as she says it): chutneys, relishes, jellies, sauces. SK's got a bit of a condiment fetish. Everything from her fridge is now in mine.

I've also got her TV and DVD player and her futon frame, so my mattress is finally up off the floor and I don't feel like such a hobo anymore. What a difference four inches makes! I never would've guessed. And with the TV sitting opposite the bed, I know where I'll be spending my lonely weekend nights for the next three months...

Although, if I get lonely, she bought me a book at the airport that might give me some social tips. It's called "The Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping with Chicks." Should be... interesting... God bless Powell's and thank god, while I'm at it, that there's a Powell's in the Portland airport: their sale books are the best and they had this book about lesbian sex sitting right there on the sale rack in the middle of the store. Good times.

I guess that's all for now. Expect a lot of ramblings from me in the days and weeks to come. Who else do I have to talk to? Lucky you.

2 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

What a difference four inches makes? Do you really want me to go there?

Look what you made me do. I dirtied up an otherwise sweet post.

1:46 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

oh, you may as well go ahead and go there. i thought about it too and couldn't decide whether to make the joke myself or edit the statement... in the end i just left it. glad you noticed it...

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home