Tuesday, April 10, 2007

the last of the lasts

One last, dramatic post before it's all over. I'm about to go meet SK for our last walk in Forest Park and I wanted to post a quick something now because I won't be on again until Thursday morning. I'm taking SK to the airport at 1:30 tomorrow, after putting the last things in storage. Then I'll rush off to a training on how to work better with sex workers. This should be really interesting. Many of our female clients do at least some sex work occasionally and we don't seem to know how to offer support around it. After that, I'll head to work until midnight and begin my three months alone.

As much as I whine, it will be good for me. As I just mentioned in response to a comment, after nearly four years of school and studying sucking up all my free time, I'm going to have to relearn how to live a normal life. How to plan activities and nurture friendships and all the things I never had time for when I was in school. I'll be a blank slate. It's kind of exciting. And, of course, I need to find a job. That will probably take up some time...

See everyone Thursday. Have a nice two days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Have an enjoyable trip.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I understand needing time to get back to normal, you are very right about that. It took BP 3 years to get her Masters while working full a time job which was really more of a 50-60 hour a week job. So, I got used to having a lot of time to myself because she was always working or studying/working on her thesis project. While I was super excited when she was finally finished, I had to readjust to not having so much time to myself. She had to learn to relax and have freetime.

Enjoy your "getting back to normal" time.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home