Thursday, April 05, 2007

the thing about being sick

Ok, I'm really sick of being sick. I'm sure you're sick of reading about it. The weirdest thing about it is the subtle numbing of most of my senses. My ears are a little clogged, and I can't smell or taste anything. I feel like I'm suspended in gauze, or like I'm in a bubble.

Not being able to smell my pungent pine-tree soap makes taking a shower a hollow exercise. Not being able to taste leaves me with no appetite. My clogged ears make it hard to hear people and make me feel like I'm talking into a jar. It's weird. As disconnected from things as I sometimes feel I am, this is much more intense. I feel like a hologram, a projection, not real.

Meanwhile, I think my body is actually getting better. My mind, however, is completely blank. Sorry. Nothing interesting in there at all. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home