Saturday, July 14, 2007

so. done.

I finally finshed reading War and Peace yesterday. After nearly three full months. Damn that book is long. And the last hundred pages is just epilogue. And the last forty pages is all dry philosophizing. I was committed, but near the end I just wanted somebody to shoot me and put me out of my misery. Jesus.

But now it's over. And now my book choices are totally overwhelming. What easy, short book should I read first?? I can hardly stand my abundance of options!

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

The last 50 pages of 'War and Peace' really explain why the Russians are so charm-free.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

And it should be mandatory prison reading.

9:43 PM  
Blogger stumptown dreamer said...

i think you started that book just before I left back in April, now in 2 days I will be back there! War and Peace, well done - impressive. and i can hardly imagine the excitement at starting something light.
enjoy

1:31 PM  
Blogger zuhn said...

Hey, how's the Proust coming along?

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home