Saturday, September 15, 2007

parade of random

Thank god for YouTube. I like to watch videos on the internet while I'm eating (when I'm eating at home alone) -- usually I watch cartoons on Homestarrunner.com or sometimes I watch episodes of TV shows (hello South Park, hello The Office) on dvd from the library. Today, however, I decided to check out YouTube and now I'll have you know I just spent the past half hour watching clips of Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live. I love Tina Fey. Thank you, YouTube, for giving me some Tina Fey.

In other video news, last night SK and I watched a sweet, heartbreaking documentary about transexuals in Georgia called Southern Comfort. The film is named after a trans-convention that's held annually in Atlanta, and it focuses on a particular transman named Richard who is, ironically, dying of cervical cancer. Even stranger, on a personal note, is that Richard lives in Toccoa, GA, THE PODUNK TOWN WHERE I WAS BORN. I'm sorry, but that's about as shocking as possible because NOBODY lives in Toccoa, GA. Nobody's ever even heard of it. And yet, I was born there and that's where this transman decided to buy land. Crazy.

If you get a chance you should watch this film. It will make you cry. That's all I'm saying.

Moving right along, speaking of weird references to my homeland, did I mention I bought a kayak? And did I mention that the kayak is a Perception Carolina? And, by any chance, do you all remember that I grew up in North Carolina? And can you believe that I have this weird surge of pride that my boat is named after my state? Because I actaully love North Carolina, even though I don't want to live there anymore. It's a great state. Adventure Girl, who helped me bring my boat home, has suggested that we call the boat "Sweet Caroline" -- because it's nice when our boats have names and the little green boat I was using was known to all as Sweetpea. But Sweet Caroline just doesn't work for me, besides which it gets that goddamn Neil Diamond song stuck in my head.

Speaking of Neil, I had a boyfriend named Neil once. Although I think he spelled it Neal. I can't really remember. I just remember that, at 17, he was making a smooth transition from metal-head redneck to grateful dead hippie, and he actually had a goatee, which I thought was hot. And he wore tie-dye. And long after we broke up I found out that he and our friend Bart smoked weed the whole time we were dating, only they never told me and never offered me any. Assholes. But I wouldn't have known what to do with it anyway. I think I thought I was straight-edge.

And speaking of weed! Did I tell you guys that I ate pot brownies for the first time in my entire life on that Waldo Lake camping trip??? And did I mention that those brownies KNOCKED ME ON MY ASS??? Oh my god, I had no idea weed of any kind could be so potent! I ate my first one just about an hour before bed the first night (what a waste) and when it hadn't kicked in by bedtime I just assumed I wasn't ever going to feel anything. Boy was *I* wrong! I woke up in the night to pee and HOLY SHIT I was so high. At first I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, I just knew my brain was probably bleeding or something. Then I remembered the brownie. Doh! I stumbled out into the woods to the "bathroom" and then I wondered how I was ever going to find my way back to the tent. Yikes. All my journal entries from that trip start out "Oh my god, I am so high right now. Stop eating those fucking brownies!"

And speaking of brownies... nah, that's it for now. I had all these other things I wanted to write about, but I can't seem to remember them. So there's your parade of random. Now I'm gonna go finish reading the Ethical Slut and enjoying my nice, solitary afternoon. Ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

nice randomosity!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home