Saturday, November 03, 2007

allow me to complain a moment

I try really hard not to use my blog as a soapbox for petty bitching, but tonight I'm making a very special exception. Just for a moment, I am going to bitch about my kayaking friends. But first, I will offer the obligatory (and one hundred percent sincere) disclaimer that they are really wonderful women who have gone to great lengths to keep me on the water, from loaning me boats to driving my boat around b/c I don't yet have a roof rack or a place to store it. They're great. I love them.

But listen to this shit: we were supposed to paddle tomorrow. It had to be Sunday because DD could only go Sunday and she was the one who initiated the plan this week, so it was her call. Our Fearless Leader couldn't go Sunday, so she and I concocted a plan to go paddle together on Saturday and then I'd get to paddle with the rest of the crew on Sunday. Problem: DD still has my boat from last week. Solution: Our Fearless Leader (OFL) asked DD to bring the boat to work with her Thursday so OFL could pick it up. DD forgot.

Ok, fine, no boat meant OFL and I couldn't paddle Saturday. Bummer, but I'd still get to paddle Sunday, right? Wrong. Turns out, DD just doesn't feel like paddling. Even though it was HER idea to paddle Sunday and SHE'S the reason the rest of us didn't paddle today (which, by the way, was a gorgeous day with bright sun and blue skies). AND SHE'S HOLDING MY BOAT HOSTAGE, SO I CAN'T EVEN GO WITHOUT HER!! SHE'S IN EUGENE, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! I COULDN'T GO PICK UP MY BOAT MYSELF EVEN IF I DID HAVE A RACK!

This is the third time in the past month we've made plans that were designed to accomodate a particular person's schedule only to have that particular person NOT PADDLE and mess everybody else up. And you know, that's just lame. I love to paddle, it's the most awesome thing going on in my life right now, and I'm lucky to have friends who make paddling possible for me (most of the time) so I shouldn't complain. But come on. DD is lame.

Ok, that's all. Now I'm going to go see a bunch of live women's bands. Should be awesome. I'll let you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trinity2 said...

Maybe I should send you my Yakama rack - I'm not using it since I stopped whitewater kayaking years ago.
That sucks, tho! I hate that for you!

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home