Wednesday, December 12, 2007

how to break your internet habit, in three unrelated steps

1.) Burn yourself out on daily posting for NaBloPoMo.

2.) Make sure your best-friend/ex-gf in England doesn't get internet installed in her flat so you can no longer hope for daily emails and Skype chats.

And finally, best of all, 3.) Go crazy for some woman who rarely sits herself down at a computer and doesn't consider email to be a primary mode of communication.

I'm listening to my one c.d. of Christmas music. It kinda sucks. I'm trying to kindle some Christmas spirit, but I'm just not feeling it. What's the opposite of a delayed reaction? Because that's what I tend to have for holidays, even Halloween, my favorite. I get the spirit about a month too soon, by the time the holiday itself rolls around I don't seem to care anymore. Oh well. I hate the fucking holidays anyway. Sorry. I know I posted about nostalgia and stuff last time, but as the actual holiday gets closer, all the Christmas-PTSD starts kicking in... so... (shudders)... January will be here soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger roro said...

"Premature jollification" maybe? I'm having trouble getting it up for the holidays myself - best close your eyes and think of January.

3:44 PM  
Blogger zuhn said...

or premature ejaculator

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home