Wednesday, December 07, 2005

remembering the reason

A quick word: I've been struggling with the idea that I'm being selfish by leaving -- struggling with all my worries about CB and feeling the entanglement of regret as the loss sets in. But I have to remember why this is ultimately so right -- and why it is ultimately not selfish: leaving is for the good of my whole self. So I can learn to be an independent human being with a rich inner life and meaningful, loving relationships that are based on deep respect and genuine caring. No more codependence! Because codependence is really relational violence! It is need and grasping. It is the death of the individual and it is ultimately an insult to love and freedom. Codependence is the ultimate selfishness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home