Tuesday, January 16, 2007

white house correspondents' association dinner: 100% less awesome!

Remember how last year Steven Colbert headlined the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner and took his life in his own hands to rip Dubya a new a-hole in a tightly written, bitterly hilarious "roast," while Dubya looked on from his seat with a rueful smirk? Wasn't that so awesome?

Well, the awesome stops there. This year, to keep things cushy and comfortable, they've booked none other than Rich Little to do the headlining. What? He's still alive? Are you sure? Okay, whatever you say.

Anyway, I guess it would've just been cruel at this point to kick ol' George in the pants, since he got kicked in the pants in November, he had to fire his buddy Rummy, and the Dems are now rollicking all over Congress with their liberal agendas. I mean... Colbert's treatment would just seem... redundant this year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that was funny last year. I enjoyed Stephen Colbert BEFORE the correspondent's dinner but AFTERWARD I had a big gay girl crush on him. Stephen - call me!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home