Thursday, April 12, 2007

i have arrived

I have a confession to make. About a month ago, when Roro of Creampuff Revolution did her Five Reasons for Blogging meme... I was a little jealous that I didn't get tagged. I thought, that's it, that's the pinnacle of bloggerdom: getting personally tagged at the end of someone's meme... I can't wait for that glorious blessing to finally come to me...

Well, my moment is here. Turns out, Melinda Barton over at Cult of Melinda tagged me, like, THREE WEEKS ago and I somehow missed it. So... now I feel pretty good about myself again... and I guess I should start preparing for SK to pick on me for my blog obsession...

In the meantime, here you go: the meme requires you to share six weird things about yourself. You're also supposed to tag three people, but even though I enjoyed being personally tagged, I just can't bring myself to do it to others. So I will be a lame ass and generically tag anyone who is interested in sharing.

Personally, I think I'm pretty weird and would have a harder time finding 6 non-weird things to share. But, here goes:

1.) When I was born, the tip of my tongue was affixed to the roof of my mouth and had to be cut free. Now I have a tiny split in the tip of my tongue and I like to tell people that I speak with a forked tongue.

2.) My mom (who really deserves her own weirdness meme) invented glow-in-the-dark stars and was abducted by aliens (not at the same time).

3.) From the ages of 7 to 13, I was a Mormon. I was also a member of Junior National Rifle Association. Those things are unrelated.

4.) Speaking of guns, I own the pistol that my dad shot himself in the head with when I was a baby. He lived, don't worry. And we NEVER TALK ABOUT IT.

5.) I am very interested in death and also in skulls and, if I could, I would really like to add an actual human skull to my collection of (so far) fake skulls, but SK forbids it because she thinks it's disrespectful. When asked how *I'd* feel if somebody had *my* skull sitting on a mantle after my death, I said I thought it would be pretty cool. Better than festering away in some coffin somewhere.

6.) I make really bad first, second, third, fourth and fifth impressions on people. I'm shy, awkward, arrogant, obnoxious and sometimes I even seem hostile. I don't know why, it's just ME. So it takes people a long time to get to know me and an even longer time to start to like me. Generally, the people who end up liking me, *actually* like me. They've really had to work for it. Which is why the blog is so easy and making new friends in real life is hard. I'm working on it.

So those are my six things. Anybody else want in on this? And thanks for tagging me, Melinda. I feel so acknowledged. :-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"From the ages of 7 to 13, I was a Mormon. I was also a member of Junior National Rifle Association. Those things are unrelated."

You. Are. Awesome.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you would post a picture of your forked tongue.

3:50 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

roro -- thanks. so. are. you.

joolie -- dude, i totally would if my camera wasn't fucked up. although, it doesn't look as dramatic as it sounds...

5:37 PM  
Blogger zuhn said...

How about the next time someone tags me, you can do it for me?

So what can you do with a forked tongue? Can you make them move independently?

6:23 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

zuhn -- the forked tongue does nothing special, except cause me to accidentally lisp sometimes. which i could do without, frankly...

8:21 PM  
Blogger zuhn said...

That's unfortunate. At least your tongue isn't attached to the roof of your mouth anymore. I guess....

10:12 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Forked tongue? Pretty cool. Being able to vibrate your tongue? Freaking awesome! Yeah, I can.

Anyway, no probs on the tagging. A lot of times I just don't tag b/c it seems kind of a boorish thing to do to someone. Very nervous-making that. Yeah. I'm weird. Now, I know I can just tag you and you won't mind at all.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home