Wednesday, November 21, 2007

the day that almost got away

I was in serious danger of missing my daily blog post today. I just didn't have much to say earlier today, then I forgot, then I came to work and got sucked into the whirlwind of a new bedbug scare, which means I've been running around for four hours and now I'm finally ready to sit down for five minutes. Whew. What a day.

Oh, and the best part (and I'm serious about this) is that one of our graveyard people called in sick, and she's really, really sick, i talked to her. This means that I'll have the pleasure of working all the way up until 8am tomorrow morning! Woo-hoo!

But seriously, I meant that woo-hoo. If I work a double tonight, I get a 25 dollar bonus, I get holiday pay, I go into slight overtime, and I don't have to work my shift tomorrow. Not having to work tomorrow is the real deal sealer for me. To NOT be here on Thanksgiving is a blessing for which I will be truly, truly thankful.

In other news, Gully freaked herself out by sending me so many texts and calling so much, now she's backing off. Oh girls and their drama. She says she'll call me next week when she gets back from Texas where she'll be spending Thanksgiving with her girlfriend's family. (I guess it's bad form to be texting somebody you recently slept with under your girlfriend's parents' Thanksgiving table...) Oh, and I have a date with Mahavira set for next Friday. All in all, things are good. And now I'm off to finish de-bugging the place. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home