Thursday, November 22, 2007

happy kill-a-turkey day!

Hi folks. Comin' to you live here from my glorious workplace, heading into the thirteenth hour. That means only three more to go! The homestretch... I can almost taste my freedom.

Speaking of taste, I don't really care too much about Thanksgiving. What about you? It always seemed like a bullshit holiday, all about eating. I mean, sure, I like to eat. But to make a whole holiday just for eating? I'd prefer a little extra padding around the tradition. Sure, I understand the mythology about the pilgrims, but even if that ridiculous story *was* true, I still wouldn't feel moved to commemorate that quaint event each year.

Do people *really* spend time feeling thankful on Thanksgiving? Thankful for what? For wresting this land away from it's native people? For living in the world's only contemporary empire? For our ability to shop for whatever we think we want, especially on the day after Thanksgiving when everything's on sale?

Did you guys ever see the South Park movie? I'm reminding myself of The Mole right now. "Careful? Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in zee heart with a clothes hanger while I was still in zee womb?" Yeah. Read that last paragraph in The Mole's bathetic, French-Canadian, cartoon voice. Ahhhhhhh South Park. My only real source of inspiration and entertainment.

Anyway, did I mention I've been at work for 13 hours? Yeah. It shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home