Monday, November 05, 2007

japanese gardens

I used to have this quote on my bookbag (from a Kurt Vonnegut novel) that said "Peculiar travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." As a person who isn't always so spontaneous, I used this as a tool to help me open up to spur-of-the-moment adventures. Thank god I did, otherwise I would never have had the yesterday that I had.

First of all, if DD hadn't flaked out on kayaking, I wouldn't have even gone to the Siren Nation concert Saturday night, because I didn't really want to spend so much money. Once I realized I wasn't kayaking, though, I decided to splurge since the whole point of my weekend had just been obliterated. If I hadn't gone to the Siren Nation show, I would never have met Wings (that woman I mentioned in the last post). And, of course, if I'd had kayaking plans for Sunday, I wouldn't have been able to spend my yesterday with Wings and *that* my friends would have been a damn shame.

I picked her up from her hotel at 1pm and we went to lunch downtown, my favorite Thai restaurant, E-San on 2nd near Skidmore Fountain. The food was great and we sat there for two hours talking about aliens and conpiracy theories. Then we went to the Japanese Gardens -- gorgeous, see pictures below. Then we went bar-hopping. That was my idea, and a kinda bad idea because I shouldn't have had *quite* that much to drink, but it was really, really fun. We ended up in the basement of the Shanghai Tunnel bar, me playing pin-ball while she got pool lessons from this really short, but really good pool shark man.

Then we headed back to the Jupiter, where she was staying, and ate dinner in the Doug Fir Restaurant. The food was good and we drank coffee to try and revive ourselves after several hours of drinking. Oh well. We ended up crashing for about three hours on her bed, watching t.v. and laughing at everything. It turned out to be a really fun weekend and the most spontaneous meeting I have ever had with another human being. Since I was in college, at least.

And I have to say, I'm bummed she lives in Arizona, because I would totally hang out with her again. Oh well.





1 Comments:

Blogger witchtrivets said...

Great pictures. I have to get out to the Japanese Garden. I'll put it on my list of fun things. Never eaten at the Doug Fir though. Need to put that on on the list.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home