Sunday, November 04, 2007

open to strange adventures

Can I begin this post by saying that I'm really, really thankful to be a lesbian? Why? Because I can go out alone to a music show, meet some completely random woman who seems nice, and then I can call her up the next day and make a plan to hang out and do cool stuff and I don't have to worry that she's: 1.) a psychokiller, 2.) a date rapist, 3.) assuming I want to have sex with her just because I showed the slightest interest in hanging out...

Well, she might be thinking that last one, but I doubt it. She's less likely to be assuming it than maybe just kinda hoping it. And what's wrong with that? If I was straight, I think I'd feel a huge hesitation to go put myself in the space of some strange man I'd just met. Maybe men get a bad rep for being dangerous... and certainly not *every* man is dangerous. But, as compared to women, men are exponentially more dangerous. And so... I'm just glad I'm a lesbian, that's all.

Now I'm gonna go to the Japanese Gardens with that chick I met last night. I suggested Multnomah Falls, which would have been awesome today, but she's had lots of people recommend the Gardens, and so the Gardens it will be. I've never been, so it should be cool. I'm taking my camera, expect a photo-essay later.

2 Comments:

Blogger stumptown dreamer said...

that's interesting RPP, and i dont know if it is an English thing, but in this dating internet thing I have been doing here, some of the gals I have met or emailed with tell me stories of meeting tricky and not-what-they-claim-to-be other women....
it made me wonder a bit... i have been having one interaction with a woman who is so guarded I am starting to wonder if she is what she says she is...
also, you met this gal in person last night and my god so many signals and experiences take place in person.... i am sure had she been a psycho killer etc you would have not even given her more than the time of day etc....
i don't think this is only about being a lesbian, i think that is what i am trying to say.... :-)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

File this under, not only am I glad I'm a lesbian, but also why I'm glad I'm not single.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home