Thursday, September 28, 2006

each little step

I am sitting in the loft at work, waiting for the coffee to brew. Each Thursday evening, I host a writing group here and one of the few things I'm able to use to lure people into attendence is free caffeinated coffee. I use the coffeepot in the loft, which is a staff-only area. Besides making coffee, I have a million other little things to do to prepare for writing group and here's a list:

1.) gather all the coffee supplies and put them on a tray (this often includes washing coffee cups because these are usually all dirty by this time of the night)
2.) get the clipboards out and put paper on them
3.) get the pens
4.) get my group notebook
5.) tape the sign on the door of the second floor kitchen which is where group is held. the sign is really cool and was painted for me by SK who I adore.
6.) run back up to the loft to grab the coffee
7.) assemble all the coffee stuff and run back up to the group room where I am usually late, but I'm the one carrying the free coffee so nobody minds.

The reason I'm waiting for the coffee right now is to check the machine. The past three weeks I've done the group, I've run back up at the last minute for the coffee only to find a major coffee disaster. The filter keeps getting clogged and causing the coffee to back up and leak out the top of the maker. Bad news! Big mess! Terrible!

So I'm hanging out to make sure it doesn't happen again (I solved the problem by switching filter type) and keeping all of you updated because, fortuitously, our "break" computer is right near the coffeemaker! Lucky you guys.

If you're interested in the fruits of our labors, our writing group has a blog!! It's called The In Between Places and can be found at theinbetweenplaces.blogspot.com

Check it out, it rocks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home