Thursday, November 08, 2007

lightbox

I think the goddamn sun is making me depressed. Yes, I'm aware, it's usually the other way around, but not for me. I love Portland for it's dark, damp, womblike winters. I love curling up inside my hovel while the world outside is quieted by a dark blanket of grey clouds and a fine, misty rain. I LOVE these things and LONG FOR THEM. But what is this bright yellow orb in the sky?!? Every day! Mocking me! Demanding I be active, leave my house, be productive! I DON'T WANNA BE PRODUCTIVE!! IT'S WINTER! I WANT TO HIBERNATE!!!

Ok... you might argue that it is not, in fact, winter yet. You might try and tell me that it's actually fall. And I would tell you THAT DOESN'T MATTER. This is Portland. Fall and winter are the same thing here. And I'm ready for the darkness. I feel like those people in Alaska who start to go stir-crazy during those times of the year when the sun never goes down. All that blinding, insistent sunlight makes them go nuts. I swear, all this sun has made my IQ drop by about fifteen points. I can't concentrate on anything, can't even see well, everything is all bleary and weird and I'm always tired. It sucks. I hate you sun. Beat it. I don't wanna see your rotten face around here until next May. Then you can be my BFF again.

3 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

Oh my god, blasphemy!!!!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

lelo... i know. i can't help it. will you come drive a stake through my heart or something?

10:06 AM  
Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

That sure is a strange version of seasonal affective disorder....

(giggling)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and, well, making my day!

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home